Attention CELTA graduates! Check out these job opportunities with Disney English.
Foreign Trainers are responsible for providing a highly engaging and effective learning experience to learners aged 2-12 through the delivery of innovative and immersive Disney educational content. The Foreign Trainer is responsible for ensuring measurable academic results in a fun and lively learning environment, delivering an outstanding service experience to learners and parents, and collaborating closely with their Assistant Trainer.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Deliver curriculum with energy and enthusiasm, using immersive learning techniques such as story-telling, singing, dialogue and role playing in combination with formal exercises
- Communicate with learners in an engaging, age-appropriate way, ensuring that language learning is both effective and fun
- Measure progress and educational results through the delivery of formal and informal assessments and progress reports
- Collect audio & visual portfolio material of learners’ work and progress during lessons to share with parents
- Partner closely with Assistant Trainers to maintain strong relationships with parents, ensuring high level of program engagement and outstanding service, by communicating both in person and through our online portal
- Contribute to Center’s success by leading engaging demonstrations of Disney English lessons for potential learners and their parents
- Participate in various marketing and referral events to drive learner enrollment as needed
- Ensure classes are run efficiently and start and end, as scheduled
- Prepare print materials, technology and supplemental materials prior to the start of each lesson
- Deliver private lessons as required, due to learner absences or for learners that are falling behind
- Contribute to overall Center success by ensuring consistently high learner renewal rates, through the delivery of great service and measurable learner progress
Location: Centers are located in over 9 cities, including: Beijing; Wuhan; Chengdu; Shanghai; Hangzhou; Suzhou; Nanjing; Guangzhou; Shenzhen
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- English language fluency including but not limited to: proper grammar, sentence structure, word tense, subject-verb agreement, and proper use of adjectives and adverbs
- Demonstration of a neutral accent, clear pronunciation, good intonation and English language rhythm
- A passion for educating young learners and a keen interest in their development
- Ability to command the attention of large groups of children in an engaging and compelling manner
- Energetic, enthusiastic, animated approach to storytelling and delivering content to learners
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-change work environment
- Professionalism in oral and written communications
- Customer-service oriented with creative problem solving skills
- Ability to relocate to China for a 12 to 15-month contract
- Teaching experience is preferred but not required
- Internationally recognized TEFL or TESOL certification
- Experience traveling internationally and/or working abroad
- Familiarity/affinity with the Disney brand
For recent grads, we have the opportunity for them to participate in the TEFL-in-China program. This is a 1-week course in china in advance of starting with company to better prepare teachers for the English language classroom.
Watch the video and apply online at:
The Walt Disney Company China
Since the debut of Mickey Mouse in 1928, Disney has been the leading family entertainment company worldwide. Disney has developed a strong affinity with Chinese families and audiences through the core values that permeate all of our content: trust, decency, optimism and quality. Our journey in China began in the 1930’s with the debut of the animated film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to Shanghai audiences. Today, local teams work to continually deliver a mix of international content and locally relevant, rich storytelling. Disney has been recognized for family entertainment for over 85 years, decades of which have supported English language learning,
We are committed to being the number one family entertainment brand in China as we continue to focus on investing and growing the Disney brand in the China market. Today, our Disney family is expanding, with significant growth in many of our businesses such as Disney English, Disney Stores, and the Shanghai Disney Resort, targeted to open at the end of 2015.
Line of Business Description
The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) launched the Disney English business in 2007 building upon Disney’s unparalleled catalog of timeless stories and characters in creating revolutionary and highly effective English language learning products and services. Since opened, Disney English has taught nearly 100,000 children to speak English confidently in their own voice through an immersive storytelling environment that only the Walt Disney Company can provide. Since that time, Disney English has established itself as the leading children’s learning business in cities nationwide, enrolled thousands of children, sold more than 1M books and learning products and won numerous awards for its innovative curriculum. This division of TWDC developed a common educational brand that has been deployed across the entire Walt Disney Company and served as the catalyst for all future product & service development worldwide including print, gaming, video, audio and local teaching institutes.
Disney English Mission
To transform children’s learning by combining immersive content, innovative technology & engaging teaching methods that inspire children to confidently communicate with the world in their own voice.